Tuesday 17 June 2008

So you think you're a good driver!

I did - until about an hour ago! At the end of a long day which included a return trip to Dublin and a prolonged period in a stuffy boardroom at HQ in Rathmines, I collected our son from after school club en route home.  My car is a bit of a tip and contains a plethora of just in case items. Alongside the tow-rope, jump-leads and a myriad of torches I carry a small library of tools of the trade including a book of 'Occassional Offices' (Services and liturgies for various 'special' events). On the way home he dug this book out of the glovebox and started to read it - no harm in that I thought - until I saw what page he was carefully studying: "PREPARATION FOR DEATH"!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust is a wonderful thing! ;)

Stephen Neill said...

Yes what hope if even my son has such faith in my skills behind the wheel?

Joc Sanders said...

Nice to see you back after a long absence Stephen!

Stephen Neill said...

Thanks Joc :-)